Today as another foggy morning … this time though the clouds stuck around … feels like rain is coming … and with the freezing temperatures at night & morning it means snow is soon to follow.
Before anything else I finally got around to writing a post on my personal blog … it’s been quite a while and was nice to publish something there, especially with the insights I’ve bewn wanting to put in writing on my asthma.
So today was all about assembling the shower stall. I completed what little was left of the wood frame installation. Then I sat down on the shower base to have a long conversation with the pond liner … to get it to fit properly into all the little niches it needed to fill. For the most part it worked out fine. Then I got to playing with the polycarbonate panels, a new material for me to work with. I started by cutting the 3 panels we purchased into panels we needed. The panels slid into place (into the pond liner base) fairly easily … it took more time to cut them to size then to fit them in place.
When all panels were in place (not fixed yet … just to see how it all works) I wanted to do a wet-run (literally) and make sure all the piping was working OK and not leaking. We then found out the siphon we purchased to connect the shower drain to the main PVC drain was not the right size … so we went to the village to get a properly sized one. We came back hooked it up and water flowed from our shower head … though it also flowed from one of the supply faucets. That glitch took some playing around to fix.
I cut up some narrow strips to seal the corners of the shower stall. Then it was silicon time … silicon went into the corners and narrow panels were screwed onto the silicon. Looks nice and like a pretty good seal. I ran out of silicon and time … so tomorrow we’ll visit the village again for more silicon … then back home to finish that part of the work. Then the small deck assembly … and if all goes well … tomorrow we shower at home 🙂
Looking pretty nice too 🙂 This has been my most complicated wood-working project and I am very happy with the results 🙂