It’s 5:30am and sleep has left me … actually it left quite a while ago … it’s just that now I have surrendered to it being gone 🙂
Day before yesterday:
- Started off as a great router-work day. I managed to do some half-decent routing work on the posts of our soon-t0-be kitchen sink cabinet. I was very happy with the results.
- We then went out for a quick visit to the village, when we got back it was really hot out … so that pretty much ended our work day.
- The gypsy didn’t arrive for work … apparently it was a(nother) holiday. However half way into the day he did arrive with a friend in a car with a small trailer to pick up the junk metal parts he had collected on our property … which he sells to a junk-metal recycler/dealer dude. My first thought was to send him away until he finishes his work … but then realized that we were getting free garbage cleanup so we let him load most of the stuff and carry it away for us.
- Had a mushy rest of the day … developed a slight headache.
- Gypsy did not come to work today. Seems like the metals were his primary agenda … anyways …
- Went out earlier then usual to start working – taking advantage of the cool morning hours. Did some jigsaw cutting and then lots of sanding on all the parts of the kitchen sink cabinet. Then did a quick dry assembly … made some more cuts to the side panels (too wide) … and it’s looking really good. Just when it was assembled on the lawn … it started to rain so that halted the work again.
- We planned our visit to the city today and went over some more food preservation plans … we need to get both jars and vegetables and get started with that project.
- In the evening I cut and sanded and finished a few more parts of the shower stall … hopefully I will be able to make some progress with the drain-plate (surface that should drain all the water out of the shower stall) over the weekend.
Andreea and Nora have put together plans for the first Doula course in Romania – they’ve even scheduled the first one for November. Also Andreea’s home-made ointment is continuing to sell from word-t-o-mouth… great stuff 🙂
Today … heading out to Cluj to suckle a bit on the tit of industrialization 🙂