Today I made a bit of apricot compote.
Bought some 5 kg of fruits from the market, not so ripen.
Ronen opened the fruits, took the seeds out. I sterilized the jars (only shortly boiling them under water), stuffed them with halves of fruit, almost to the top, poured hot water over, to cover.
I made 7 big jars with NO sugar, nothing added for sweetening and 6 big jars with two pills of stevia for each.
I closed the jars then I boiled them into a pot, not covering them entirely with water. Water was only coming to the half of the jars, I covered them all with a wet towel, boiling them for about 40 minutes (two batches: 7 and 6).
Them I took them out fast and put them under thick blankets to cool down slowly.
Curious how the no-sugar fruits will stay… how the ones with stevia will taste :).
I also cut some of the ripen apricots and put them into the dryers, repeating last year experiment (tasty!).