Super long and fruitful today for us … we are beat but extremely satisfied:
- In the morning we drove to pick up fresh milk and carry over large quantities of freshly picked vegetables (tomatoes, eggplants and peppers) from our neighbors.
- Then it was humanure-hacienda time for me … we had a full load (4 buckets) to unload 🙂
- Andreea processed the 20kg of tomatoes into 10 liters of tomato sauce (some of which she also cooked into soup we really shout sit down and eat). The Squeezo was fantastic … we have pictures of the process and will publish it in detail soon. 1o sealed bottles are now wrapped in blankets next to the wall … slowly cooling. We plan to do ~60kg more of tomatoes … and to think that next year we will do this with self grown tomatoes.
- I almost completed unloading the car from all the stuff we brought back from the city.
- I decided to assemble first and then finish the kitchen sink cabinet. Went very well … great fun seeing the pieces (started from yucky junk wood) come together … and the sink fit like a charm! Tomorrow a bit more assembly and then finishing (which was the plan for today)
It now seems that Loui (the puppy) doesn’t like being left alone at all … and repeatedly takes a walk down the path to the neighbors’ gate (~200 meters) and whines until they let him in. He’s figured out it works and that he likes it … so there!