Yesterday and today were mostly woodworking – focusing on our future shower stall. I am recycling wood that we took apart from large grain containers that were in our barn. It’s a lot of work sorting through and cleaning up (lots of planing) the old one and its hugely satisfying to fin beautiful clean wood underneath and to know that it cost us nothing. I got most of the pieces for the shower stall cut. Today I used glue for the first time to create composite pieces (more on that when I get to writing extensively about the shower project).

with a stroke of pure talent I cut the planer wire by running over it with the planer. So I spent some time getting the wire parts out of the planer and then soldering the wire back together. First time around I didn’t insulate the wires properly so that caused our primitive Romanian fuses to  blow … which was a great opportunity for Andreea to teach me how to fix a fuse. The simplicity of old Romanian solutions is both hilarious and amazingly reliable.

Tomorrow expecting satisfaction – putting together the kitchen shelves which are drying after lingering in finishing for 4 days (oil based finishes dry really slow!) … and that should sort out the ongoing mess we call our kitchen.

Oh … and our neighbors sold their cows … very sad. We loved their fresh milk. We’re still getting fresh milk from other neighbors … but we miss the milk we got so used to.

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply